This Notice of Privacy Practices applies to the customers of Patient Care Medical (“Patient Care Medical” or the “Company”).
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get Patient Care Medical to this information.
Please review it carefully.
We are legally required to protect the privacy of your health information.
We call this information “protected health information”, or PHI for short, and it includes information that can be used to identify you that we´ve created or received about your past, present or future health or condition, the provision of health care to you, or the payment of this health care.
We must provide you with this notice about our privacy practices that explains how, when, and why we use and disclose your PHI.
With some exceptions, we may not use or disclose any more of your protected health information than is necessary to accomplish the purpose of the use or disclosure.
We are legally required to follow the privacy practices that are described in this notice.
How We May Use and Discloses Your Protected Health Information.
We use and disclose health information for many different reasons.
For some of these uses and disclosures, we need your prior authorization.
We may use and disclose your protected health information without your authorization for the following reasons:
- We will use and disclose your PHI in connection with your health care treatment.
For example, your medical information may be used to provide health-related products and services to you and to coordinate with your doctor to ensure that you receive the products that your doctor has prescribed to you.
- We will also use and disclose your protected health information as needed to collect payments for the products and services that you receive, such as when Patient Care Medical bills Medicare, your private insurance carrier, or you for the products and services you receive.
- We may use and disclose your protected health information as needed to manage and improve the quality of our health care operations, including uses such as quality assessments, audits, and other similar functions.
- Limited medical information about you may also be disclosed to your insurers or doctors for managing their internal health care operations.
- We may use or disclose your protected health information to third parties that provide certain services to us, such as data processing, billing, legal, or accounting services, under contracts that protect your medical information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
- We may also use and disclose your protected health information for the following reasons:When a disclosure is required by federal, state or local law, judicial or administrative proceedings, or law enforcement.
- For public health activities.
- For health oversight activities.
- For purposes of organ donation.
- For research purposes.
- To avoid harm.
- For specific government functions.
- For workers´ compensation purposes.
- Appointment reminders and health-related benefits or services.
- Disclosure to Others Involved in Your Health Care.
- We may disclose health information about you to a relative, a friend, the subscriber of your services or any other person you identify, provided the information is directly relevant to that person´s involvement with your health care or payment for that care.
For example, if a family member or a caregiver calls us with prior knowledge of a claim, we may confirm whether or not the claim has been received and paid.
You have the right to restrict or limit this kind of disclosure by contacting our HIPAA Compliance Officer.
This will allow you to request the proper documentation to restrict Comfort Medical to your personal health information.
Uses and Disclosures Requiring Your Written Authorization.
In any other situation not described above, we will ask for your written authorization before using or disclosing your PHI.
If you have given us an authorization, you may revoke it at any time, if we have not already acted on it.
If you have questions regarding authorizations, please call the HIPAA Compliance Officer.
What Rights You Have Regarding Your PHI?
You have the following rights with respect to your protected health information:
- The right to request limits on uses and disclosure of your protected health information.
- The right to choose how we send protected health information to you.
- The right to see and get copies of your protected health information.
- The right to get a list of the disclosures we have made.
- The right to correct and update your protected health information The right to get this notice by e-mail.
You may make any of the requests described above, or may request a paper copy of this notice, by calling the HIPAA Compliance Office.
How to Complain about our Privacy Practices.
If you think we may have violated your privacy rights, or you disagree with a decision we made about Comfort Medical to your protected health information, you may file a complaint with our HIPAA Compliance Officer.
You may also send a written complaint to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
We will not take retaliatory action against you if you file a complaint about our privacy practices.
This Notice is Subject to Change.
We may change the terms of this notice and our privacy policies at any time.
If we do, the new terms and policies will be effective for all the information that we already have about you, as well as any information that we may receive or hold in the future.
Please note that we do not destroy personal information about you when you terminate your relationship with us.
It may be necessary to use and disclose this information for the purposes described above even after your relationship with us terminates, although policies and procedures will remain in place to protect you against inappropriate use or disclosure.
By using this web site, you agree to indemnify Patient Care Medical and/or its affiliates from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to, attorneys´ fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that arises in connection with your use of this web site.
We may terminate, alter, or suspend this web site in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, without notice.
This web site and its functions may also be periodically unavailable in whole or part due to technical malfunction or maintenance.
No part of this web site may be reproduced in any form, by any means except that we authorize you to view, copy, download, and print documents posted on this web site if you are using them for informational purposes or its intended purpose and the information contained therein is not modified or altered in any way, shape or form.
Upon your enrollment, we may send communications to your email or mailing address regarding the status of your order history.
We may also set Patient Care Medical cookies on your computer or use other methods to gather information about your visit to our site (“cookies”) such as your Internet Protocol address, operating system or browser.
We may collect information about which site referred you to us, the time you spent on our site or the pages you viewed.
Content Modification and Accuracy The information on this web site is believed to be complete and reliable; however, the information may contain typographical errors, other inadvertent errors and/or inaccuracies.
We reserve the right to make changes to any and all content at any time without obligation to issue any notice of such changes.
Intellectual Property Unless otherwise noted, all text and images contained on this web site are the property of Patient Care Medical and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, business associates/partners or licensors and are protected as such by United States Copyright law.
Any other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
No Warranties; Limitation of Liability In no event shall Patient Care Medical be liable to any user of the Comfort Medical web site or any other person or entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages.
Patient Care Medical does not warrant that the information available on this web site is free of errors; the functions contained on this web site will be free of errors; defects will be corrected, or this web site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Third Party Links
Our site contains links to third party links.
Patient Care Medical is not responsible for the content of third party links or the use, collection or dissemination of information on such third party links.
Headings The section headings used herein are for convenience of reference only and do not form a part of these terms and conditions, and no construction or inference shall be derived therefrom.
Office: +1 (888) 726-5066 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2010.
Patient Care Medical.
All Rights Reserved.